Image from Unsplash
(This guest post was written by Maria Cannon of Hobbyjr.org) Maria created Hobby Jr. to encourage young people to find a hobby they love. Her hobbies include gardening, quilting, sewing, and knitting, which play a major role in maintaining her mental health.)
Ah, the smell of treats baking in the air. The sound of laughter and happiness. Wine glasses clinking. One of the biggest joys of being a homeowner is setting your space up for entertaining. Love having friends and family over? Well, there are a few hacks you can easily do to get your space ready for good times ahead.
With the holiday season looming in the not-so-distant future, it’s time to get yourself on the nice list. Whether you’re looking for the perfect entertaining home or looking to get your existing space ready, US Delta Realty helps you prep for a warm and inviting home setting.
Prime Features to Look For
According to CNBC, home sales in 2020 were the highest they’ve been in 14 years! People are out there buying, and if you’ve been looking to make the leap – now may be the right time. When looking for the perfect home or rental, why not keep in mind your entertaining needs? Here are some specific features to look for:
- Flexible and multifunctional spaces: For example, an open floor plan lends itself to kitchen space and a seating area.
- Public/private divide: Look for homes with a clear distinction between entertaining spaces and family spaces. For example, all private rooms on the first level, with entertaining spaces on the ground level.
- Backyard: If you live in a city with great weather (like Tempe, AZ), a backyard is prime for indoor/outdoor entertaining. For example, you could place a fire pit, jacuzzi, barbeque, or pool for relaxing with your guests!
Worried that these features are going to set you back a pretty penny? To make your search easier, go to a site like Rent.com and select it to filter by price range. This way, you’ll only see properties within your budget while accounting for features like bedrooms, bathrooms, and more! The best part is, you won’t waste time considering properties that don’t have what you’re looking for!
Seating All the Way
If you plan to have multiple guests over at a time, flexible seating will be the name of the game. Incorporate elements like ottomans, occasional chairs, and bench seating to host your loved ones. This will provide seating well within reach and prevent last-minute scrambling from making everyone comfortable. Counter stools and folding chairs are other viable options as they offer different seating types for both the indoors and outdoors.
Set the Mood
When creating a space people will enjoy, spend a little money on the small details that will set the mood for your guests. Check out the following easy home fixes:
- Music: Investing in a quality sound system will set forth the relaxed atmosphere you’re going for long before your guests get comfortable! Look for a system that connects rooms inside and outside.
- Lighting: According to Elemental LED, it is ideal to have a mix of direct, indirect, and mood lighting with dimmers. This will allow you to control the mood with ease.
- Storage: You’ll need to have lots of creative storage solutions to house all those platters and serving dishes! It’s a bonus if you have a pantry or small spare room to accommodate all your entertaining supplies in one place.
Essentially, you need to be considering every facet of your entertaining journey. This will allow things to go by smoothly, without a hiccup – and your guests will have more fun too!
From holiday parties to game nights and movie specials, entertaining is a big priority for so many homeowners out there. Hosting is the ultimate combination of connection and comfort – and don’t forget to infuse your personal style in there as well! We hope this article helps you get started on the lovely soirees you’ve always dreamed of. Happy hosting!
Looking to buy your dream forever home? At US Delta Realty our objective is to use our knowledge and expertise in helping you achieve your real estate goals. Contact us at email@example.com or give us a call at 480-336-8752! Entertaining is made all the more manageable with the perfect home setup.